Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sunday Studio Time: Intimate Autumn Landscape Demo Youtube Video

'Maine Woods'           9x12         pastel          ©Karen Margulis
available $145
I was so inspired that I had to get down into my studio to paint. The chores had to wait. Once I am home from a trip often life gets in the way of inspiration. This time I didn't let it! I threw in the laundry and immediately downloaded the photos from my New England and Canada cruise.

Once in the studio a printed put a few photos and pulled out my pastel palette for the intimate autumn landscape that begged to be painted. I thought it would be fun to paint live so we set up the iPhone to do a Facebook Live video of my painting. I had no idea how the painting would turn out but my goal was to show you how I respond to inspiration. Everything gets put on hold until I paint!


The small reference photo that inspired today's painting 

The photo above was my inspiration. You can watch the video demo here on my YouTube channel.
https://youtu.be/T6Yn2gmLH7c

Click here to see the video on YouTube
We also filmed two more videos for my new Patreon page. I have over 200 patrons now who are enjoying the extra pastel and painting instruction and inspiration. If you haven't had a look at the Patreon page you can visit it here. www.patreon.com/karenmargulis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen , What is the best way to establish darks in a painting? You have the perfect touch.
Thanks,
Janet

Karen said...

Thanks! I don't know the best way but my favorite way is to layer several dark colors of the same value in the very beginning layers. This seems to work for me!